Home to the German Rottweiler
Shogunate Kennels is based in Melbourne, Australia.
We have owned Rottweilers since 1995. Shogunate Kennels was established in 2008 and has since been intricately involved in importing Rottweilers and breeding them for sound working temperament and correct type.
Shogunate strives to breed true Rottweiler temperament and type. Whilst our dogs are highly recommended for IPO or civil work, they are true to breed type and as such are stable, calm, devoted, highly trainable and intelligent family guardians.
Goals for our bloodline:
The primary goal of our breeding program is to produce the old style intelligent Rottweiler with powerful breed type.
We strive for uniformed litters that are consistent reproducers of type and temperament.
of the Rottweiler is very different from many of the breeders today. This is especially reflected in the gene pool we choose to progress our bloodline through, and the knowledge we have of the old dogs as drover dogs.
key points of difference
1. We believe the current gene pool is inferior to the old bloodlines. The current gene pool consists of sport & show dogs and a focus on sporting drives.
2. We do not breed for an income, for competition, or for any other self-serving pursuit. This means our focus can only be towards a dedicated commitment to breeding the true Rottweiler without compromise.
3. We have the direct benefit of breeding to very rare old bloodlines preserved through frozen semen.
4. Our well planned and unique approach to a breeding program. One which sees through generations down the track. Every breeding truly counts for us.
5. We have a correct understanding of breed type and the temperament of the Rottweiler.
Our dogs must possess
- High courage/ High level of self confidence
- Strong nerves
- Balanced drives
- Correct breed type/strong working type.
- Health, strength and vigour
- Sound working temperament: Intelligent, stable, calm, aloof towards strangers, devoted towards their family and affectionate towards children.
Articles & Info
- Protected: Training VideosAccess Required: Enter Podium
- Protected: Pack Leader- Raising your new puppyThe Ground Work to Becoming Your Puppy's Pack Leader A year or two ago I wrote an article titled "The Ground Work to Becoming a Pack Leader." This article has been well read but over time it has become obvious that I should have written two articles; one for adult dogs and one for puppies. … Read more
- Protected: Breeder & Puppy Selection GuideA Guide To Selecting a Breeder and a Puppy No matter how much information I put in this article, it will never be enough. I have bred more than 170 plus litters of working bloodline German Shepherds over the past 20 years and I still learn something new all of the time. That's the beauty … Read more