Shogunate strives to breed true Rottweiler temperament and type. Our dogs are true to breed type and as such are stable, calm, devoted, highly trainable and intelligent.
Goals for our bloodline:
The primary goal of our breeding program is to produce the old style intelligent Rottweiler with powerful breed type.
We strive for uniformed litters that are consistent reproducers of type and temperament.
Our Understandingof the Rottweiler is very different from many of the breeders today. This is especially reflected in the gene pool we choose to progress our bloodline through, and the knowledge we have of the old dogs as drover dogs.
key points of difference
1. We believe the current gene pool is inferior to the old bloodlines. The current gene pool consists of sport & show dogs and a focus on sporting drives.
2. We do not breed for an income, for competition, or for any other self-serving pursuit. This means our focus can only be towards a dedicated commitment to breeding the true Rottweiler without compromise.
3. We have the direct benefit of breeding to very rare old bloodlines preserved through frozen semen.
4. Our well planned and unique approach to a breeding program. One which sees through generations down the track. Every breeding truly counts for us.
5. We have a correct understanding of breed type and the temperament of the Rottweiler.
Our dogs must possess
- High courage/ High level of self confidence
- Strong nerves
- Balanced drives
- Correct breed type/strong type.
- Health, strength and vigour
- Sound temperament: Intelligent, stable, calm, aloof towards strangers, devoted towards their family and affectionate towards children.