How we home our puppies
All inquiries welcome. Litters are planned carefully, Shogunate is small and selective.
Shogunate is an exclusive breeding program, many of our dogs are placed privately.
After deciding whether the Rottweiler is the right breed for you, the next step is to select the right puppy. It is kennel policy and in the best interest of anyone buying a puppy, that we select the right puppy based on your application using our experience and knowledge of our bloodlines.
Have a disciplined plan, from training to general care and nutrition. Once you know what it is you will need or expect from your pup, we will then identify the most suitable pup and guide you through the correct upbringing. For example, a puppy in a family environment will require his own plan for raising and training, especially in his first 24 months.
Drive and upbringing:
Our first 8 weeks with the litter is crucial. In this time we spend time conditioning the litter to all types of noises and new environments. Our whole approach to raising litters is to imprint happy and confident pups.
Having an understanding of the different drives in a puppy helps identify what can motivate the pup and to what extent (Prey, food and pack).
Buying a puppy from our kennel:
1. Free Private training and consultation is offered to all of our puppy buyers. Professional training videos and excellent reading material is also provided.
2. All of our Rottweiler puppies come with pedigree papers, are wormed at 2,4,6 and 8 weeks, vaccinated & micro-chipped.
3. Our Rottweilers are Hip and Elbow xrayed and JLPP tested.
4. We guarantee our pups against hereditary conditions/illness.
5. We rehome all of our puppies should you be unable to continue to take care of him/her.
6. Puppies sold abroad pay all travel related expenses, including the return of any pup.